Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I'm a famous personality

If you're anything like me, you like to visit B2B magazine Web sites -- particularly those that cover the industry in which we work (publishing.)
But if you're anything like me, you have been consistently disappointed that the sites that cover our world are such poor role models. Certainly the reporting at places like min, B2B magazine, etc., is often quite good. But the sites themselves are also often quite ugly.

But as of today, that is no longer true at the flagship publication of the magazine-publishing industry. Folio magazine has launched its long-awaited redesign. And as I took a quick spin through the site this morning, I decided that it's lovely. Take a look.

As you peruse the new site, pay particular attention to Folio's new bloggers section. You'll see that I'm one of the folks featured. Folio has been nice enough to label the section "Folio: Personalities." I like that. It's nice to be thought of as a "personality." It's so much more pleasant than "jerk," "vermin" or any of the obscenities that regularly fill my in-box.

Addendum: Check out Prescott Shibles' reaction to the new Folio site here.

tags: , , , , , ,

3 comments:

  1. You're a great personality :)

    Thanks for the comments!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's rather conceited and self serving personally....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous,
    That's why I'm glad that Dave works at Folio and you don't.

    ReplyDelete