Thursday, December 07, 2006

Socrates would have skipped the hemlock if he had the Web

I was educated by Jesuits.
So in my spare time I like to think about the big questions ... the sorts of things that have puzzled philosophers for centuries.
Before there was a Web, I'd pose these questions to an indifferent universe. I would cry out in the night, but no answers would come.
Now, of course, things are different. I have a computer. The answers are always near.

For example, there were three such questions bouncing around in my head this morning as I brushed my teeth.
First, can I compare apples to oranges? The answer, as it turns out, is here. (Thanks to David Shaw for pointing me toward it.)
Second, why are there so few self-tagged Gnostic bloggers? Click here and scroll down to find the answer, but it's mostly because Technorati is not all-powerful.
And third, is it unethical for someone in public relations to behave unethically? Actually, as of press time, no one had yet answered that question in this empty B2B publication forum.

tags: , , , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. I was educated in the inner city New York schools. So in my spare time I like to think about the big questions...such as "how did I get out there alive and not wind up in jail?"

    Seriously, to answer your questions:

    1. Can you compare apples to oranges? Yes, of course. But it doesn't mean you'll have an intelligent comparison.

    2. Why are there so few self-tagged Gnostic bloggers? Because few people really know how to blog -- or at least how to market their blogging as the equal or superior to traditional media.

    3. Is it unethical for someone in public relations to behave unethically? Honestly (and no offense to you, Paul, since you are merely repeating the inquiry), that is the single stupidest question I've heard all year. No wonder that forum is empty!

    ReplyDelete