Monday, May 15, 2006

Adrian Holovaty speaks to journalism grads

Longtime readers of this blog know that I've often sung the praises of new-media genius Adrian Holovaty -- the mash-up whiz who created Chicagocrime.org, the developer who helped the Lawrence Journal-World become one of the greatest newspapers of the Internet era, and now the "editor of editorial innovations" who leads the Washington Post's forays into digital journalism.

Well it turns out that my alma mater, the University of Missouri, had the good sense to ask Adrian to give the commencement address at this year's j-school graduation.
I'm thrilled that Mizzou did this. And I take back every nasty thing I've ever said about the old-media dinosaurs at that school.

You can read what Adrian told the next generation of journalists here.

tags: , , , , , conversational media, ,

No comments:

Post a Comment