Thursday, February 23, 2006

When magazines blog

Most every magazine executive I know has suddenly become interested in the idea of blogging. It's as if everyone in the business woke up a few days ago and noticed that there was an inexpensive way to add content to their enterprise.
As a result, magazines are producing blogs at a rate that I can't keep up with. So I was pleased to see that there's a new service for obsessive types like me who want to monitor who is doing what in the world of magazine blogging: the Magazine Publishers of America trade association has a newsfeed-like service that shows posts from magazine-run blogs. (Strangely, there's no RSS feed available.)
Readers of this blog will be pleased to see that B2B publications are well represented on the list. But careful readers will also note a number of magazine-affiliated blogs are missing -- notably Meetingsnet's Face2Face and the blogs of Furniture Today.

If you're as obsessive as I am about these things, check out my post about the MPA service on the Conley-Sarbin blog on magazine blogs.

tags: , , , , , conversational media

No comments:

Post a Comment